PDA

View Full Version : Western New England College Hires Heffernan

collegehckyfan
07-31-2009, 05:43 PM
WNEC has announced the hiring of Greg Heffernan as the new men's hockey head coach. Heffernan has been the assistant coach and recruiter at SUNY-Fredonia the last 3 seasons. Prior to that he was the head coach/GM of the Cleveland Barons 19U AAA team that won 2 Ohio state titles. He also worked as a graduate assistant for Mercyhurst for a couple of seasons. Full article under WNEC hockey website. It looks like a nice pickup for WNEC. Good luck and welcome to Coach Heffernan.

one_to7
08-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Is USCHO going to do a story on this? A new coach hire is the thing that you think they might cover? :confused:

norm1909
08-02-2009, 12:20 AM
WNEC Welcome is here (http://www1.wnec.edu/athletics/home.cfm?selection=doc.3484), seems like a fine person as well as a coach.

Impressive, beyond the call of duty -
Heffernan also administrated a national charity event “Pink the Rink,” to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

joecct
08-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Is USCHO going to do a story on this? A new coach hire is the thing that you think they might cover? :confused:As I, and others, have said -- it's Division 3. The USCHO Powers That Be devote little, if any attention to us. To them, it's Division 1 or nothing.

Witness that is ~74 days until the first day of practice for D3. They still have not updated the D3 site for the new leagues.

Russell Jaslow
08-05-2009, 11:03 AM
WNEC has announced the hiring of Greg Heffernan as the new men's hockey head coach. Heffernan has been the assistant coach and recruiter at SUNY-Fredonia the last 3 seasons. Prior to that he was the head coach/GM of the Cleveland Barons 19U AAA team that won 2 Ohio state titles. He also worked as a graduate assistant for Mercyhurst for a couple of seasons. Full article under WNEC hockey website. It looks like a nice pickup for WNEC. Good luck and welcome to Coach Heffernan.

Greg is a great guy. I'm very happy for him. Though, I will miss seeing him around the SUNYAC rinks.

norm1909
08-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Greg is a great guy. I'm very happy for him. Though, I will miss seeing him around the SUNYAC rinks.

Ain't that sweet, look, they thought of you;) :p

12/11 Fri WNEC @ State University College at Brockport 7:00 PM
12/12 Sat WNEC @ State University College at Geneseo TBA
01/15 Fri WNEC @ State University College at Fredonia 7:00 PM
01/16 Sat WNEC @ State University College at Fredonia 3:00 PM

Russell Jaslow
08-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Ain't that sweet, look, they thought of you;) :p

12/11 Fri WNEC @ State University College at Brockport 7:00 PM
12/12 Sat WNEC @ State University College at Geneseo TBA
01/15 Fri WNEC @ State University College at Fredonia 7:00 PM
01/16 Sat WNEC @ State University College at Fredonia 3:00 PM

Well, it is all about me! :D ;)

I did know about those games, but in all honesty, WNEC has to get a bit better for me to attend any of those games, especially way out in Fredonia... :p (Ironic that Greg will get to return to Fredonia twice.)

Actually, I might go to the Brockport game. Nice and close, and no conflicts with other games. (The next night I'll probably attend the Niagara @ RIT game.)