Clear All

• RIT Regional - Sultry Sixteen - (1) Prezdejohnson09 v. (4) UCBadger

?
    (1) Prezdejohnson09
    47.73%
    (4) UCBadger
    52.27%

The poll is expired.

I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Re: RIT Regional - Sultry Sixteen - (1) Prezdejohnson09 v. (4) UCBadger

Not the least bit surprised that I fell here to UCBadger.

I honestly didnt think I'd make it this far.

Congrats to UC and the rest of the Enlightened Eight and good luck in the final three rounds.

Hammer and JoeyC 62 votes?! hmmm...lot of aliases popping up in that battle. Our poll had 44 and NUProf had 42 votes...

I'd like to see the polls be public for that very reason but I'm not the commish and XYZ, Carey, and Remy have done a fantastic job revitalizing this thing this year. My hat is off to them as well.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Hammer and JoeyC 62 votes?! hmmm...lot of aliases popping up in that battle. Our poll had 44 and NUProf had 42 votes...

I'd like to see the polls be public for that very reason but I'm not the commish and XYZ, Carey, and Remy have done a fantastic job revitalizing this thing this year. My hat is off to them as well.
      I'm not worried about it in the least. Live by the sword, die by the sword. I knew my day was coming.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        I'm not worried about it in the least. Live by the sword, die by the sword. I knew my day was coming.
        If nothing else, you and I know we're the two most popular posters on this board. The stats prove it.

Comment

Ok, sure, I'll buy that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            I thought about making the rest of them public this year but it's a double-edged sword. Considering the vote total obviously something was up with the voting in the Hammer-joeyc match, but at the same time, last time they were made public I recall there only being 14 or 16 votes in some of the matches. My suspicion is that a lot of people don't want to go on record and appear to be playing favorites, per se.

It's really a no-win situation, and one that annoys me no matter what sort of resolution one attempts to find re the public/private option.

I guess for now I've settled on the fact that if people want to be meatsticks and stuff the box for or against someone, they have issues that a public poll isn't going to fix...and that's their problem, not any of ours, so I hope they are proud of themselves.
            Last edited by XYZ; 08-04-2009, 10:59 PM.
            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

XYZ, making these polls public would make it much easier for me to award bonus points in The 8th annual ECAC-West Pick 'em, the original D-III pick 'em game for all those good folks voting now (for me) in this contest!

Watch for that game in October!

"ECAC-West Pick 'em, the original D-III pick 'em game" is a trademark of P&GBadgerPrez.

EDIT: OMG, I can't believe this was my 2,000 post!
              Last edited by UCBadger; 08-04-2009, 11:51 PM.
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                I guess for now I've settled on the fact that if people want to be meatsticks and stuff the box for or against someone, they have issues that a public poll isn't going to fix...and that's their problem, not any of ours, so I hope they are proud of themselves.
                I'd like the public to know that I didn't do any campaigning for myself, and I even voted for Hammer.

So there.

Comment

I've never done any campaigning for myself, either. Others, sure. But not for me.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                  X