Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
    Did Plattsburgh invite varsity teams to their tournament? In case you haven't checked, Potsdam won the Times-Argus Tournament which featured the #3 and #6 teams in the Nation.
    As the choice of who is invited is made a couple of years in advance, this poll would be most relevant to a discussion on the caliber of the teams invited.

Note that Trinity is ranked 13th in the nation, Potsdam is not even listed under the "Others Receiving Votes", so as for inviting "varsity teams"....
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      As the choice of who is invited is made a couple of years in advance, this poll would be most relevant to a discussion on the caliber of the teams invited.

Note that Trinity is ranked 13th in the nation, Potsdam is not even listed under the "Others Receiving Votes", so as for inviting "varsity teams"....
      Well if Potsdam had their own thread I would have written something there.
      LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Cardinals storm past Trinity for Classic title (Plattsburgh Press-Republican article from 1/3/10)

"We did a good job early getting the puck in deep and getting our cycle going," said Plattsburgh State head coach Bob Emery. "We focused on getting pucks on the net and played our style of hockey."

"I was pleased our discipline was good. We didn't retaliate."

"The line of Jared Docking, Kyle Taylor and Kyle Kudroch played with a lot of emotion and set the tone for the weekend," Emery said.

Josh Leis played a strong game in the Plattsburgh State nets, recording the shutout with 23 saves.

"You're always looking to correct mistakes and we had some letdowns mentally tonight," Emery said. "Trinity had some Grade A scoring chances. They had eight shots on goal in the first period and four came on two-on-ones.

"We can't afford to do that against Norwich or the puck will be in the back of the net."
        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Its okay norm, let Potsdam have their glory...its the first time they've actually won something meaningful in how many years?? I'm surprised they even knew to go get the trophey...
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            Its okay norm, let Potsdam have their glory...its the first time they've actually won something meaningful in how many years?? I'm surprised they even knew to go get the trophey...
            Probably since this

Note, I am homer, followed by SUNYAC, then the Cardinal's out-of-conference opponents, underdogs, and Division III
            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              Actually they had no problem receiving the trophy. Yes we shall enjoy it, but now Neumann arrives for a pair next weekend.
              Congrads to Plattsburgh winning their tournament.
              LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

FYI, I just purchased three tickets (Section 52) for the Jan. 30 game in Oswego, they are nearly sold out with no adjacent seating available - if you want seating (versus standing room), I would suggest purchasing tickets ASAP - for ticket purchasing information see here.
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

This years edition of the Cardinal Classic (cough, who can put up the most goals in a game) wasn't worth 1/6th of our season ticket fee. The closest game all weekend was 6-1!!! But IT WAS nice to see some college hockey anyways, the first since December 4th's collapse against Potsdam. Next year's field will be a good one

Some random thoughts..
                  -70 shots on net in the championship game!
                  -We had 50 shots with 11:34 remaining in the 2nd period!
                  -17 Goals in two games!
                  -Josh Leis impressed me in this one. He stopped four (4) two on one oppertunities in the first period and some "Grade A" scoring chances throughout the game.
                  -When I heard Potsdam tied Norwich (and beat them in the shootout) the first thing I thought of was the Oswego fans on here who said "a team doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 after recieving a tie to Potsdam". Potsdam has been hot as of late.
                  - Congrats to Plattsburgh who scored 17 goals and allowed 1 in two games. Hopefully this momentum carries into Tuesday's showdown in Northfield!
                  Plattsburgh State Cardinals
                  1992 & 2001 NCAA Division III Ice Hockey Champions
                  21 SUNYAC Championships

Comment

FYI, I just purchased three tickets (Section 52) for the Jan. 30 game in Oswego, they are nearly sold out with no adjacent seating available - if you want seating (versus standing room), I would suggest purchasing tickets ASAP - for ticket purchasing information see here.
                    I GOTS MINE!!!

*****http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs090.snc3/15768_338041785084_633455084_10303651_2860189_n.jp g******

Just a reminder, only 1 week left of early bird special for your OSU/PSU T-shirts found at www.rednationarmy.com
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
                      This years edition of the Cardinal Classic (cough, who can put up the most goals in a game) wasn't worth 1/6th of our season ticket fee. The closest game all weekend was 6-1!!! But IT WAS nice to see some college hockey anyways, the first since December 4th's collapse against Potsdam. Next year's field will be a good one

Some random thoughts..
                      -70 shots on net in the championship game!
                      -We had 50 shots with 11:34 remaining in the 2nd period!
                      -17 Goals in two games!
                      -Josh Leis impressed me in this one. He stopped four (4) two on one oppertunities in the first period and some "Grade A" scoring chances throughout the game.
                      -When I heard Potsdam tied Norwich (and beat them in the shootout) the first thing I thought of was the Oswego fans on here who said "a team doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 after recieving a tie to Potsdam". Potsdam has been hot as of late.- Congrats to Plattsburgh who scored 17 goals and allowed 1 in two games. Hopefully this momentum carries into Tuesday's showdown in Northfield!
                      Thats not saying much......
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I'll be there too!! Best x-mas present I got...Hopefully the gift that keeps on giving

Comment

found this article for you Norm from the 1992 Championship game
                          Larry Normandin, 29, said he usually stands during the games because it gives him the mobility to "go where the action is." He also listens to the radio broadcast of the game to better keep track of the other team's players and
                          the penalties
                          Also reading the same article brings back memories of the old Stafford and the REAL CREW!!!

Probably the best known, and moat vocal, of the Cardinal fans are the "Zoo Crew," a group that can range in size from 10 to 20, depending on the time and intensity of the game. At the core of the Crew are John Szczypien, 25; Scott Szczypien, 22; Jeff Brotherton, 23; Jim Sage, 21; David Wilson-36; and Chris Heckard, 26. Sage said they are the most intense fans the Cardinals have. The Crew has attended every SUNY Pittsburgh hockey game in some form for the last four to six years, even the away games, John Szczypien said.

"We have lived here a long time. We've stuck with the Cardinals through thick and thin," he boasted.

Sage said the group has gotten reprimanded by the security guards for their loud and sometimes obnoxious behavior, so they toned down their approach in hopes that the athletic director won't yell at them. Opposing teams have been known to gesture and even shout at the Zoo Crew for their antics,
                          Sage said.

"We helped Salem State get their win (7-6 over Wisconsin- Superior in the consolation game)," John Szczypien said. He said members of the Salem State
                          team came over after the game and thanked the Crew. “They said we were their most intense fans,” he said.

Dave Giinskl 22t of Plattsburgh Air Force Base and originally of Buffalo, was sitting not far from the Zoo Crew. He participates in most of the cheers
                          that the Crew initiates, including yelling "Goalie!" at the opposing team's goaltender when the Cardinals score, and "You've been a bad boy" when an opposing player has to sit in the penalty box.

Cheers and horns blowing continued outside the Field House as the fans drove away with promises that the celebration would continue at least in their memories, for a long time to come.
                          For anyone old enough to remember that ought to bring back some memories..
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                            I'll be there too!! Best x-mas present I got...Hopefully the gift that keeps on giving
                            Okay Herb Brooks.....

(sorry watching Miracle right now)
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
                              -When I heard Potsdam tied Norwich (and beat them in the shootout) the first thing I thought of was the Oswego fans on here who said "a team doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 after recieving a tie to Potsdam"
                              I call bullsh*t. Show me just exactly where "Oswego Fans" on here said Plattsburgh was not deserving of a Top 5 ranking after their Potsdam tie.

Norm, did one of us really say this?
                              93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                              2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Tomorrow nights game between the Cadets and Cards will be video streamed live, compliments of Norwich University. Hrere is your link
                                http://www.nsnsports.net/norwich/
                                Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Working...
                                X