Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Renovations

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
    Emergent is interpreted as someone's life being in imminent danger (Unless a sliver in a Provost's hindquarters is considered as life threatenting)
    The bleachers (which personally, I loved) life expectancy was significantly exceeded and they had deteriorated to a point where a real danger of collapse existed (as well as beyond being reasonably repaired) - failure to replace them would have constituted placing someone's life(s) "in imminent danger".
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey - 2009/2010

Just a little FYI, NYS is shelling out a few hundred thousand dollars for a temporary fence at our facility while they build a multi million dollar building for the clinically mentally ill inmates in our state. Yes temporary. When the building is complete the fence will then be torn down and tossed out. What’s a few hundred thousand dollars of our tax money in NY? This will also replace the over 4 million dollar project they built in the basement of one of our buildings that will now become wasted space. All these cuts, yet Paterson has no problem giving his secretaries a 37% raise. Tough job pushing papers and answering phones for a $150,000 a year job.
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
        The bleachers (which personally, I loved) life expectancy was significantly exceeded and they had deteriorated to a point where a real danger of collapse existed (as well as beyond being reasonably repaired) - failure to replace them would have constituted placing someone's life(s) "in imminent danger".
        I liked the bleachers too. Sure the seats are sharp, but I think it was easier to navigate around other fans with the bleacher setup. Replacing with new bleachers would have been much easier on their budget and maybe they'd have some leftover coin for other things. I think with a rebuild project like that, you focus on accentuating your positives. The Stafford's biggest positive was its large capacity. It is now average in that department. The coach placed much emphasis on "keeping up with the Joneses" and "having one of the premier facilities in DIII". I would say that, cosmetically speaking, he has certainly achieved that. But, its hard to "keep up with the Joneses" when your biggest rival can accomodate 1000 more fans than you can. Going to Placid is a blast, but what if hosting the Frozen Four became a "home rink" thing again? I think we'd be S.O.L.

Comment

Originally posted by hey now View Post
          ... Replacing with new bleachers would have been much easier on their budget and maybe they'd have some leftover coin for other things...
          More than just the initial construction costs had to be weighed, the long-term cost of bleachers versus the seats would be significantly higher (i.e. life expectancy, maintenance & repair/upkeep - not to mention the post-game cleaning - yes, I have talked to the custodial staff - they love the seats over the bleachers) - but I still loved & prefer bleachers.
          Last edited by norm1909; 10-07-2009, 08:27 PM.
          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Anyone care to guess who this reminds me of

A fluffy bunny without the cinnamon bun
            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Does Behind the Bench start this Monday night (10/12)?

Comment

There once was a time when Plattsburgh fielded a whole team of QMJHL Players

They were the first US city to host a QMJHL team.
                Last edited by norm1909; 10-09-2009, 02:15 PM.
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

The Cardinal Sports Hall of Fame festivities have been moved. They will now be celebrated during a new Cardinal Weekend event on Dec. 4 and 5 of this year. This event will welcome former Cardinal athletes while showcasing the newest alumni to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Also, Mila Su has accepted the appointment by SUNY Plattsburgh President John Ettling to be the Cardinals' new NCAA Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR), as Michael Miranda, has resigned to take a position as associate director of research for academic policy and administration at the NCAA Office in Indianapolis.
                  Last edited by norm1909; 10-09-2009, 03:24 PM.
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

The Plattsburgh State athletics Web site is to be changed to put Cardinal fans closer to their respective sports teams by incorporating new interactive programs like poll questions and surveys. It will also allow for faster, more efficient updates on college scores and statistics. Read more here.
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Does Behind the Bench start this Monday night (10/12)?
                      Yes it did, listen to the replay here.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                        Yes it did, listen to the replay here.
                        He said something about wanting to add St. Mike's as an opponent in the future. As he said, that would be great for the team and the fans. Did I understand him to say that the hold up had something to do with the whole Division II thing? I'd still love to see them play Utica (have a beer with Reg and Braden at the war memorial) and/or Manhattanville (good reason to visit the city).

Comment

He said something about wanting to add St. Mike's as an opponent in the future. As he said, that would be great for the team and the fans. Did I understand him to say that the hold up had something to do with the whole Division II thing? I'd still love to see them play Utica (have a beer with Reg and Braden at the war memorial) and/or Manhattanville (good reason to visit the city).
                          Part of the reason St. Michael's was mentioned was to cut travel, something he seems interested in doing. Going to Utica or Manhattanville would defeat that purpose. If I remember the show right, the discussion had to do with Elmira still being on the schedule. I don't remember if St. Michael's was something Bob mentioned or if he said it's been suggested by others. I'd love to see them play Utica, too, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

As far as Div II goes, the game wouldn't count for NCAA purposes and Bob doesn't like to play games that can't help him come selection time in March. That's my take on that.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

St. Mikes starts so much later than the SUNYAC that it could never serve the purpose as a warm-up game. If I was Platty, the only way I'd schedule them is a mid season game to rest some of the troops and get a game in for some of the reserves. Essentially you treat it like an exhibition, which for NCAA purposes, it is.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I think that I understood Bob to say that he felt that St Mikes was going to become a D-III school in all sports. Once that move has taken place, Bob said he would love to add St. Mikes to the schedule.

GO CARDS !!!

Wally
                              Cornell '67

Comment

I am hearing that WIRY will not air the PSU/Concordia game LIVE due to the Yankee's play-off game.

Live Stats will be up:
                                http://www.sidearmstats.com/plattsburgh/mhockey

I will also be tweeting from the game:
                                http://twitter.com/cardinal_hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X