No announcement yet.

Geneseo Ice Knights 13-14 Season: Where memories linger and our thoughts remain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geneseo Ice Knights 13-14 Season: Where memories linger and our thoughts remain

There aren't as many Geneseo posters as there used to be, so it might be tough to keep this thread on the front page. But still, I think the boys deserve a season thread.

To get us started, here's some cool news shared by SB in the 'Seo in another thread:

Originally posted by SB in the 'Seo View Post
    Just read the Geneseo media guide...

http://geneseoknights.com/sports/mic...keyguide14.pdf

Main pieces of information that I did not know were:

A) Mitch Stephens (Geneseo '07) has returned as an Assistant Coach.

B) Len Perno (Oswego '95) is the new goalie coach. He graduated over a decade before I started following SUNYAC hockey, but figured that would be an interesting factoid for any older Oswego fans.
    I remember Mitch as an outstanding talent for the Ice Knights. Hopefully he can channel some of that as an effective assistant coach as well.
    #OneKnight

Re: Geneseo Ice Knights 13-14 Season: Where memories linger and our thoughts remain

Had no idea Mitch was back as a coach, so thanks for the head's up. Definitely the best player I saw there in the years I was at or in close proximity to the Ira --

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    There aren't as many Geneseo posters as there used to be, so it might be tough to keep this thread on the front page. But still, I think the boys deserve a season thread.

To get us started, here's some cool news shared by SB in the 'Seo in another thread:

I remember Mitch as an outstanding talent for the Ice Knights. Hopefully he can channel some of that as an effective assistant coach as well.

Comment

Re: Geneseo Ice Knights 13-14 Season: Where memories linger and our thoughts remain

Thanks for starting this. It may not stick, but I'm sure there will be posts here and there.

Another item that I posted during during the "offseason" that I'll repeat for people now just returning to the boards:

ROCHESTER, N.Y. – The SUNY Geneseo hockey team will square off with Nazareth on Sunday, Dec. 15 at Frontier Field as part of the 10-day "Frozen Frontier" outdoor hockey festival. Faceoff for the game is set for 12:00 p.m.

All seats for the game are general admission. While tickets are regularly $10, advance sale tickets for Geneseo alumni, friends, faculty, staff and friends can be purchased for only $7. As an added bonus, for every Frozen Four ticket purchased, fans will also receive two tickets to Geneseo's home contest against Franklin Pierce on Friday, Jan. 10.

"This is an amazing opportunity for our team to be part of a totally unique event," said Geneseo hockey coach Chris Schultz. "There aren't too many hockey players that didn't grow up playing outside on a pond in the middle of winter, so having a chance to do it again at this level will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It also gives us a way to connect with our fans in a new way while showcasing our program at what promises to be a tremendous venue."

The game highlights a full day of action as prior to the contest, the Geneseo hockey Alumni will play their annual contest starting at 10:00 a.m. The Buffalo Junior Sabers are scheduled to play the St. Michael's Buzzers at 2:30 p.m., before the Buffalo Sabres and Rochester Americans Alumni square off at 5:00 p.m.

The games are part of six scheduled for the opening weekend of the "Frozen Frontier presented Greater Rochester Area Honda Dealers." The Rochester Americans kickoff the week on Friday, December 13 with a game against the Lake Erie Monsters at 7:00 p.m. Saturday features an RIT doubleheader as the Tigers women's hockey team plays host to Clarkson at 12:00 p.m. before the men's team welcomes Niagara to Frontier Field at 7:00 p.m. The festival wraps up the weekend of December 21-22 with two full days of high school hockey featuring 10 rivalry games from around Section V.

For more information regarding the Frozen Frontier, including a full schedule for the week, merchandise, food & beverage, ice times and sponsorship, visit FrozenFrontier2013.com
      Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

He was about as good a powerplay player as I've seen on this level. A real playmaker out there, everything ran through him. One of the top 5 players Geneseo's ever had for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
          He was about as good a powerplay player as I've seen on this level. A real playmaker out there, everything ran through him. One of the top 5 players Geneseo's ever had for sure.
          He scored 7 shorthanded goals in 2005-2006. The next highest player in the country that year scored 4. I remember one of them, a breakaway SHG, was the first goal scored in the game against RIT the year they went D1 and played a mixed D1/D3 schedule. Totally quieted the whole arena, except for the small Geneseo contingent. If I recall RIT went on to win big anyway, but it was a fun few moments and a fun season.
          #OneKnight

Comment

Good to see this thread but what the hell does the title mean? Are you Living in the Past ala Jethro Tull?

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
              Good to see this thread but what the hell does the title mean? Are you Living in the Past ala Jethro Tull?
              It's a line from the alma mater, which incidentally gets played after every home game (or at least it was when I went there). But you're right, in hindsight it was probably too obscure a reference.
              #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                It's a line from the alma mater, which incidentally gets played after every home game (or at least it was when I went there). But you're right, in hindsight it was probably too obscure a reference.
                Thanks for that---I like it, and I learned something about Genny.

Comment

Good season preview video for Geneseo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW55aevUqj8

Also regarding the outdoor game - there is 200 free tickets available to students and a spectator bus available.
                  Last edited by SB in the 'Seo; 11-02-2013, 09:23 AM.
                  Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

I actually enjoy living in the past......it was more fun. Plus, I am 21 or 22 again !!

Comment

A pretty solid game last knight for a first outting. Solomon has a booming slap shot and Collins made some nice passes; the guy has great hands. I think Haude will be strong in net this year too. Looking forward to seeing how things develop.

Comment

Thanks for that---I like it, and I learned something about Genny.
                        +1
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I bet if you are controversial and combative to everyone who adds to your thread it will keep it on page one
                          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                            I bet if you are controversial and combative to everyone who adds to your thread it will keep it on page one
                            Make sure you try and run anyone who isn't a Genny fan out of here with rude comments. You too could be a Fish man
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Make sure you try and run anyone who isn't a Genny fan out of here with rude comments. You too could be a Fish man
                              This is a totally inclusive thread. You don't even need to talk about Geneseo if you don't want to
                              #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                              X