Pre-Season Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Season Predictions

So, I was flying home on the corporate jet last night, drinking an apple martini and listening to my favorite Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's album, and it got me thinking. Who are the preseason favorites to win it all?

Here are my Top 5 teams:

1. Minnesota - They return the most scoring and they should have the best defensive group in college hockey. Giant favorite to win it all and continue to cement their spot as the greatest program in the history of college hockey.

2. North Dakota - Assuming Danny Kristo doesn't lose anymore toes, and Rocco doesn't fake anymore "injuries" because he can't handle the pressure of college hockey, this should be a very high scoring team. Defensively they are solid, but not intimidating. While I don't think Schmalz will live up to the hype, he should be a staple in the Flickertails back end for years.

3. Michigan - Great recruiting class coming in. Trouba is going to be an absolute stud muffin. Hopefully he hangs around more than a year. Very excited to see what Nieves can do at this level. They should be a very balanced team and are always very well coached.

4. Notre Dame - Anders Lee had somewhat of a sophomore slump (by his standards), but should bounce back and have a stellar junior season. Love the talent they have coming in. Mario Lucia is going to be a star, and Steven Fogarty has game. This Minnesota-import team is poised to contend for their first title.

5. Western Michigan - Last year wasn't a fluke. Andy Murray is an excellent coach and he has amassed a great group of talent. Look for Balisy and Berschbach to have big years offensively and DeKyser and Witkowski to keep WMU one of the most solid teams defensively.

Should be a great season!

Re: Pre-Season Predictions

Gophers: Undefeated except for a tie at SCSU, MacNaughton, Broadmoor, WCHA FF, West Regional champions, NC and because they are so good the NHL will insert them for the 8th place team in the Eastern conference and they will beat the Wild 4-1 in the Stanley Cup finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Gophers: Undefeated except for a tie at SCSU, MacNaughton, Broadmoor, WCHA FF, West Regional champions, NC and because they are so good the NHL will insert them for the 8th place team in the Eastern conference and they will beat the Wild 4-1 in the Stanley Cup finals.
      No, I don't think the Wild are that close to getting to the finals. They are a few years away from winning it all IMHO.

Comment

And then win gold at the next Winter Olympics. We'll even allow a token BU guy on the team, for sentimental reasons. He won't play, of course, but he'll be on the roster.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Lake State
          National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
          two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
          b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Bc.

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
              Bc.
              Won't even make the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by jdubbs1280 View Post
                won't even make the tourney.
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Ranger View Post
                  lol
                  I'll bet you a bottle of peach schnapps they don't.

Comment

What about all 10 Hobey candidates as well? Do they give up any goals, besides the tie game and the goal to the Wild?

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      Peach schnapps ... appletini's ... hmmm I must have logged onto the women's hockey forum.
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                        Peach schnapps ... appletini's ... hmmm I must have logged onto the women's hockey forum.
                        What sort of man drinks peach scnapps? Oh never mind.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                          What about all 10 Hobey candidates as well? Do they give up any goals, besides the tie game and the goal to the Wild?
                          We'll give one up to UND, as a parting gift for when they try and make their big-boy conference a relevant one.

And obviously we'll have all 10 Hobey candidates. That's just a given.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bjustad will have all 10 nominations.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              Because you know so much. Tell us again how Haula wasn't arrested.
                              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Working...
                              X